Sunday, January 8, 2012

Twenty Twelve

It's the year 2012 now. It's a good time to commence a positive work, attitude, everything that probably encourage you to become a new you.

However, this post, I will not write about my plan this year. Instead, I will tell about twenty twelve. Yes, what I was doing when I was 20 and 12 years of age.

Sometimes, it is fun to tell about the history that you have been trough before. It can  be a good experience to learn or simply just refresh your mind from the messy daily activity.

Let's start from the 2005 when I was 20 y.o
It was a tough year actually. At that time, I was in 5th semester of my college. I didnt have a problem in my class or score. However, I did have a problem in my organization. I joined the organization since I enrolled the university for the first time. I did enjoy the organization a lot at first. The environment, good support, friends, activities are ok for me. However, an unavoidable thing happen. In that organization, every member has a mentor to, let just say, assist you to stay on the right track both attitude and faith. I couldnt agree more. I could accept that. But, suddenly the mentor had to be changed. The change was caused by the older member should be assisted with the "older" mentor. So, the younger mentor could reach the newbie. I was upset. It was solely because I was enjoy with young mentor instead of I had to adapt with a new one.

From that point, I decided not to join any activity from that organization. When my friends called or invited me to go back, I refused. Honestly, it was tired because I had to reject  the never-ending invitation and automatically didnt ever say hi to my friends in that organization. It was so sad to lose friends who always accompanied you almost everyday. But, this problem taught me to finally know what the real organization is. Thank God, I found the other friends to hangout and share everything and still befriended with my friends in the organization.

Moving on two twelve years old boy..
It's kind a hard to tell the history of mine in 1997. Gosh, it's about 15 year ago and I had to dig all the memories.Back to 1997, when I was in junior high school. It was my very first year to step from elementary school. I got not so famous school (SLTP 116) in Ancol Area. Actually, at that time, my school was one of the favorite school in North Jakarta. But, I doubted it hahhaahha.

Junior high was another hard year for me. You know, it was about transition, adaptation, new friends, etc that I had to struggle with. The toughest one was adaptation. Growing up in the private primary school was one of the factors. Literally, I never found any bad boy ever in my previous school.  So, I was like a nerd boy with have no friends. I tried to mingle with a good boy but what I got was I only got a few of them because it was difficult to find a nice one.hehehhe. More, I had to face some crazy things like smoking, drugs,"tawuran", alcohol, etc. I wouldnt get more details here. But, step by step, I could overcome it. Yeah, I got  "clean friends" and bad boy friends became one of the best buddy.

Sharing the history is not an easy business (life is hard, huh)..I have to try to remember what was going on at that time. I dont have a good memories to tell something in detail. So, I just sum them up to finally write in this blog.

Moral of the stories are, because you have done or get used to the problems, it tells you how you finally can overcome all those hard time to become something that can be worth experiences or simply become a funny stories. Some people probably dont give a damn with the history since they think that history is the pass. For me, history is more than that. Sometimes, I do flashback just to be a tough person ahead. I often said to my self "Hey, I've been through the hardest one before" So, let the history becomes part of your life, teaches you how to face the toughest day in your life, and becomes a basic structure to face the future.

Happy New Year!



2 comments:

  1. couldn't agree more!!
    Isn't it funny knowing that we are all still here, alive??

    ReplyDelete