Sunday, December 19, 2010

Siang...Tidur...Bis..(gambaran pekerja anak)



I captured this picture when I went to Kalimalang area on Sunday afternoon. It was about 2 o'clock. I took a 43 (a bus). The bus was not full yet but 2 kids suddenly entered it and just sat on the chair. From their appearance, you may knew that they are 'pengament' (street artist). They are about 5 to 7 years old. Well, perhaps it isn't new here in Jakarta, but for me the interesting one is, one of a kid sat in front of me and suddenly he was slept. Okay, when you think that it is still common, for me, it's an extraordinary.
All of a sudden my memories brought me back to about 15 or 20 years ago (Gosh I'm that old!!)..Did you remember when your mom always asked you to sleep after went back from school? I did. And I remembered I always rejected it with some reasons like I couldn't sleep or had to play with some friends (not good huh). Back to my story, when I saw that that kid was slept, a question came to my mind. Was he too tired? Did his mom ask him to sleep?

3 comments:

  1. The view of children making money as a street musician is undeniably common in our society bro. The one that you met is one of them. And for me, those children perfectly illustrates the poor condition of our beloved country, Indonesia. Ah, I do want to do something to help them and raise their poor status into a middle one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is dude..but for me, the one that should aware for this kid is definitely his parent. They should responsible for anything that makes this kid grow with a good intention, education and of course affection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, children need to focus on education for their own future, so they won't end up as a street artist for their entire life. Parents are responsible for their kids' education. No matter how ward the have to work, they must pay what they should pay for the shake of their kids (education). On the other hand, children may not be focused if they're pushed too hard on working. So, I hope parents may let the kids breathe and enjoy theor school life instead of working hard to earn some money for their family.

    ReplyDelete